20 December, 2013 20:06 ▪
Leonid Kuchma: Putin does not do charity
"Putin has never done charity and will never do," Kuchma said.
"When I listened to the speech of Prime Minister Mykola Azarov on these figures (the problems of the Ukrainian economy – Ed.) in the economy, I felt badly. Well, on the one hand, we have the money, but, on the other hand, it’s not a good thing that we always borrow at the expense of future generations," the former Ukrainian president said.
As it was reported, Russia bailed out Ukraine with a package worth at least $20 billion on Tuesday, December, 17th.
- Ukrainian Security Service Chief: Twenty-six Russian security officers were involved in planning of the bloodshed on Maidan
- The Atlantic: Ukraine's Phantom Neo-Nazi Menace
- The Economist: Putin has driven a tank over the existing world order
- Yanukovych is in Russia and may be granted asylum there
- Financial Times: Russia-Ukraine tensions seethe in Crimea
- FT: West had been ready to loan Kiev €20bn
- Yulia Tymoshenko: as long as Yanukovych is in power, Ukraine risks losing its independence
- Zbigniew Brzezinski: Ukraine will be truly a part of democratic Europe and Russia will follow it
- Ukrainian opposition party HQ were stormed by security forces
- Protesters Toppled The Lenin Statue In Kyiv