20 May, 2013 15:25 ▪
Alexander Motyl: democratically inclined Ukrainians have no choice but to support the democratic opposition, however “un-best” it is
“The best is the enemy of the good enough. If you agree, then democratically inclined Ukrainians have no choice but to support the democratic opposition, however “un-best” it is. In turn, the democratic opposition has to make itself worthy of “fanatical” support. When you consider the alternative—indefinite rule by Party of Regions` thugs and Ukraine’s complete transformation into Zimbabwe—the good enough is a no-brainer,” Motyl claims.
READ ALSO: Big Demand, Scarce Supply
- Lesia Orobets’ to foreign businessmen: stop shaking hands with "politicians and businessmen from the Party of Regions"
- MPs leave the Party of Regions
- The Party of Regions’ candidates win most village and town mayor elections
- Alexander Motyl: The Regionnaires are panicking
- The Economist: graft in Ukraine is so rife that it is hard to see how any money at all is left in the budget
- Party of Regions and Communists relocate for an alternative parliamentary session
- Peter Hannaford: the time has come for opposing forces in Ukraine to find a way to compromise over seemingly intractable issues