25 April, 2013 16:49 ▪
Štefan Füle about the Association Agreement: there are still some outstanding issues that require additional attention
''Our on-going screening of Ukraine’s envisaged actions shows that some outstanding issues require additional attention,'' highlighted Füle.
Commissioner also mentioned positive steps towards EU-Ukraine Association.
''The set of documents adopted by Ukraine to ensure the follow up of the EU’s policy of engagement reflect its determination to achieve the objective of signing the Association Agreement and its Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area by the time of the Eastern Partnership Summit in Vilnius'', states Commissioner Štefan Füle.
Discussing the political situation in the country, Commissioner Füle recalled his strong belief that Ukraine needs a majority that creates an environment that is conducive for dialogue as strongly as it needs a constructive opposition that can fully assume its responsibility towards the Ukrainian people. He welcomed the fact that the European agenda was becoming a consolidating factor in Ukrainian domestic politics.
- EU delays sanctions against Russia until June 30
- Ukraine signs Association Agreement with EU
- Expert: EU's failure on Ukraine will have a negative impact on the European integration of Moldova and Georgia
- Štefan Füle: EU-Ukraine Association Agreement is not “dead”
- Kwasniewski: The EU is forming an economic package to compensate for Ukraine’s losses
- Leonidas Donskis: Germany and France can become a problem for signing of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- MEP Marek Siwiec: visa facilitation policy is of crucial importance to convince Ukrainians in importance of EU-Ukraine Free Trade Agreement and Association Agreements
- Ukraine is far behind fulfilling Association Agreement deadline, experts claim
- The powers of Ukrainian delegation are questioned at PACE
- MEP Marek Siwiec: it was not the Commission and not Ashton’s team, but the EP that helped to set up requisite conditions to sign the Association Agreement with Ukraine