24 April, 2013 13:33 ▪
MEP Marek Siwiec: visa facilitation policy is of crucial importance to convince Ukrainians in importance of EU-Ukraine Free Trade Agreement and Association Agreements
“We have already made a huge step towards signing of the Free Trade Agreement and Association Agreements. The conditions that were set up in December in the aftermath of the election are being fulfilled, not each of them, however, in the manner that we could have expected,” Siwiec claims.
“We are into the final straight of the EU-Ukraine Summit. It must be said directly that it is to be a crucial event which may change the course of Ukrainian history for many years,” emphasised member of the European Parliament.
“What Ukraine gets from the EU is the know-how; instructions on how to reform the country, how to use European help and European market. The decision about signing the agreements requires a lot of internal changes but it also requires citizens' belief that it is not just a whim but a long-term policy which enforces also the EU. What will be of crucial importance in convincing Ukrainians is the visa facilitation policy which will hopefully end up with a complete visa waivering,” underlided Marek Siwiec.
- European Parliament backs decision to cut customs duties on imports from Ukraine
- FT: West had been ready to loan Kiev €20bn
- Hanne Severinsen: There are so many people under the autocratic surface of Yanukovych regime who want to live in a European society
- Karl De Gucht: We will speed up Association Agreement’s provisional application as much as possible
- Bronislaw Komorowski: Ukraine signing EU agreement would be 'success for all’
- Ukraine is far behind fulfilling Association Agreement deadline, experts claim
- The powers of Ukrainian delegation are questioned at PACE
- Matthew Rojansky: scrutiny and criticism of Ukraine’s record on human rights and democracy issues will surely continue after the Association Agreement is signed
- Ambassador Kostiantyn Yelisieiev: will EU assume responsibility for the consequences of not signing the Association Agreement with Ukraine?
- Romano Prodi: Ukraine is perfectly positioned to become a geopolitical and economic bridge between Europe and Russia