28 June, 2014 17:37 ▪
Terrorists attack Ukrainian military near Sloviansk, killing several Ukrainian troops
Terrorists are shooting at the military checkpoints with mortars on the crossroads of roads to Sloviansk and Krasnyi Lyman, hotspot towns in Donetsk Oblast.
“Some troops have been killed,” he wrote.
Semen Semenchenko, commander of the Donbas battalion, confirmed this on his Facebook page. According to him, two Ukrainian troops were killed, two injured.
RELATED ARTICLE: Donbas: The Revenge of the Proletariat
“Terrorists have once again demonstrated that they cannot be the ones to make deals with. They continue shooting at our checkpoints. We demand immediate imposition of martial law! To the benefit of the country, it should be imposed from atop. Otherwise, it will be done from the bottom, grassroots, with great damage for the state,” Semenchenko said.
Earlier, the Donbas battalion asked Ukrainians to gather at the Presidential Administration at 11 a.m. on Sunday, June 29, to demand President Poroshenko to stop the ceasefire, impose martial law, issue the sufficient amount of weapons to battalions and to allow them to take measures necessary to destroy the occupiers.
Late at night on June 27, President Poroshenko expanded the ceasefire through 10 p.m., Monday, June 30, based on the respective decision by the National Security and Defence Council.
RELATED ARTICLE: Exporting Hatred from Crimea
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- Bloomberg: US ready to impose tougher sanctions on Russia unilaterally
- EU delays sanctions against Russia until June 30
- Ukraine signs Association Agreement with EU
- 12 paratroopers killed in Donetsk Oblast
- SBU detains Russian and German citizens involved in spying and organization of terrorist attacks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Quite a few militants in the Donbas will lay down arms in ceasefire