19 June, 2014 17:15 ▪
Parliament supports new NBU Chair, Prosecutor General and Foreign Minister proposed by President Poroshenko
329 MPs supported the appointment of Vitaliy Yarema, previously First Vice Premier, as the new Prosecutor General of Ukraine.
After that, 335 MPs voted to appoint ex-Ambassador of Ukraine to Germany, Pavlo Klimkin, as the new Foreign Minister replacing Andriy Deshchytsia.
RELATED ARTICLE: Breaking Away From Eurasia
After a 10-minute break, 349 MPs supported the President’s proposal to appoint Valeria Hontareva, Board Chairperson at Investment Capital Ukraine (ICU) investment banking and asset management company, as the new chairperson of the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU). She replaced Stepan Kubiv.
RELATED ARTICLE: The Birth of New Political Reality
After the voting ended, President Poroshenko who had presented the candidates to the parliament, thanked Stepan Kubiv (previous NBU Chair), Oleh Makhnitskyi (previous Prosecutor General) and Andriy Deshchytsia (previous Foreign Minister) for their work. He also thanked MPs and expressed hope that close cooperation between the President and Parliament would continue.
- Terrorists shell the airfield in Kramatorsk and checkpoints near Sloviansk during truce
- InfoResist: Terrorists shoot at the airfield and two bases of Ukrainian military in Kramatorsk
- New NBU Chair sells her share in the ICU group
- Ukraine’s gross external debt falls by USD 4.7bn
- Ceasefire in the Donbas to evacuate the wounded and dead
- Acting Foreign Minister says diplomatic relations with Russia could be suspended
- Defense Ministry claims that the armed conflict will stop in the Donbas
- Poroshenko will offer a peaceful solution for Ukraine during inauguration