4 June, 2014 20:45 ▪
Anti-Terrorist Operation spokesman: Krasnyi Lyman is purged of terrorists, fighting continues near Sloviansk
“The active phase of the anti-terrorist operation continues. Krasnyi Lyman is being purged of terrorists, fighting continues near Sloviansk,” he said.
Over the past 24 hours, two Ukrainian military were killed and 45 injured. 300 terrorists were killed and 500 injured.
RELATED ARTICLE: Who's in control of the rebellion in Donetsk?
Earlier, the commanders for the anti-terrorist operation reported to Acting President Oleksandr Turchynov that Northern Donetsk Oblast had been purged of militants, their main fortified area destroyed in Semenivka, and the town of Krasnyi Lyman taken under control.
Yesterday, Interior Minister Arsen Avakov announced the switch to an active offensive phase in the anti-terrorist operation near Sloviansk.
RELATED ARTICLE: The Force of Hope. Who Is to Stop Separatism?
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- Bloomberg: US ready to impose tougher sanctions on Russia unilaterally
- Acting President Turchynov announced partial closing of border with Russia
- Explosion at the Luhansk Oblast Administration kills seven
- State Border Service: snipers shooting at Ukrainian border guards in Luhansk
- Interior Minister: 20 terrorists killed in Mariupol, 4 detained
- Presidential Administration official says terrorist attacks could take place on May 9