4 June, 2014 20:36 ▪
Acting President Turchynov announced partial closing of border with Russia
“I am convinced that this will speed up localization of terrorists,” he explained to justify the move.
As he spoke to journalists at the checkpoint in Sloviansk, Donetsk Oblast, Turchynov said that, once the border is closed, there will no longer be a possibility to transfer arms and militants to Ukraine.
RELATED ARTICLE: Who's in control of the rebellion in Donetsk?
Earlier, Head of the State Border Service Mykola Lytvyn announced intentions to reinforce the state border but did not mention the possibility of full closure thereof.
RELATED ARTICLE: Pro-Ukrainian Donbas: Intelligent, Creative, Chaotic
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- National Defence and Security Council: A grouping of Russian military detected near Russia-Ukraine border in Luhansk Oblast
- Explosion at the Luhansk Oblast Administration kills seven
- State Border Service: snipers shooting at Ukrainian border guards in Luhansk
- Update: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast, killing 13
- May 9 in Ukraine: a fire at the TV tower, a shootout in Mariupol, Putin’s visit to Crimea
- Interior Minister: 20 terrorists killed in Mariupol, 4 detained