19 February, 2014 10:46 ▪
Anatoliy Hrytsenko: Acting Defence Minister sends an airborne brigade in full combat gear to Kyiv
“The army with the people - Ukrainians wondered in anticipation. There you go. Defence Minister Lebedev has just ordered the 25th Dnipropetrovsk Airborne Brigade of 500 people in full combat gear to head to Kyiv. Whom will they protect? And from whom? The answer is obvious with such army and such officers…” he wrote.
According to earlier reports, Lebedev had claimed that the provision of vehicles owned by the Ministry of Defence, as well as the dislocation of internal troops at the military bases of the Armed Forces of Ukraine does not qualify as the interference of the army with a political conflict.
In late January (January 27 – Ed.), Hrytsenko said, quoting his sources, that ex-premier Mykola Azarov ordered Defence Minister Pavlo Lebedev to transfer two army units, including the 95th Air Mobile Brigade (Zhytomyr) and the 25th Dnipropetrovsk Airborne Brigade, under the command of the Interior Troops Headquarters.
- The Verkhovna Rada votes for resolution to stop the use of force in downtown Kyiv
- Putin sends his mediator to Ukraine
- MPs blocked from Parliament. Party of Regions sees no reason for emergency session
- At least 8 people killed on Maidan today
- The bloodiest day of the Maidan in Kyiv
- Yatseniuk: Yanukovych threatens to put opposition leaders in jail
- Three protesters killed in the clashes
- Clashes between protesters and police renewed in Kyiv