5 February, 2014 19:28 ▪
Yanukovych approves Arbuzov as acting premier
Yanukovych cancelled items 1,3 and 4 of paragraph 2 of the Cabinet of Ministers’ procedure regarding Cabinet governance in cases where there is no appointed premier.
Previously, on January 28, Viktor Yanukovych accepted the resignation of Mykola Azarov and the whole Cabinet and ordered them to fulfill their functions until the new Cabinet is appointed.
READ ALSO: A Debilitating Truce
Lately, opposition politicians have been talking about the President’s plans to appoint Andriy Kliuyev, currently his Chief of Staff, as Premier. In their opinion, having Serhiy Arbuzov, Andriy Kliuyev or Vice Premier Oleksandr Vilkul as premier will not change anything in the current political crisis.
- Early presidential election scheduled for May 25
- Radoslaw Sikorski: There is no coup in Ukraine
- The EU can’t agree on the list of candidates for sanctions
- Canada imposes sanctions against Ukraine's top officials
- Putin sends his mediator to Ukraine
- Arseniy Yatseniuk is ready to become premier to “save the country”
- Another round of talks: January 16 laws will be cancelled; Yatseniuk rejects Viktor Yanukovych’s proposal to become premier
- Expert: EU's failure on Ukraine will have a negative impact on the European integration of Moldova and Georgia
- Yanukovych fires Head of Kyiv City State Administration and Deputy Secretary of National Security and Defence Council for violence against protesters
- Political experts: Yanukovych’s circle wants to get the most from his defeat