22 January, 2014 09:14 ▪
Protester shot at Hrushevskoho Street. Another protester dead after being knocked down from the stadium entrance arc by Berkut
The name of the shot protester is Serhiy Nihoyan, Ukrayinska Pravda reports. He was an active participant of the EuroMaidan. His body is at the medical section at Hrushevskoho Street. The investigation group has been let in.
Another 22-year old activist is reported dead today after falling from the 13-meter high arc over the entrance to the Dynamo stadium in clashes with Berkut.
The clashes have been going on for four days since January 19. At night on January 22-23, Berkut attacked protesters and demolished barricades at Hrushevskoho Street up to the Dnipro hotel. Then, the protesters regrouped and counterattacked Berkut. The riot police retreated to its old position.
At this point, protesters and riot police are throwing stones and stun grenades at each other. The police keep urging people to stop mass disturbances over the loud speaker. The Interior Ministry denies the use of gunfire at protesters in the clashes, Serhiy Burlakov, Interior Ministry’s Speaker, reports.
- Acting Prosecutor General: Police helped separatists in Odesa on May 2
- Ukrainian Security Service Chief: Twenty-six Russian security officers were involved in planning of the bloodshed on Maidan
- Yanukovych is in Russia and may be granted asylum there
- Financial Times: Russia-Ukraine tensions seethe in Crimea
- German, French and Polish ministers come to the Verkhovna Rada
- The EUobserver: individual EU countries could impose unilateral sanctions against Ukrainian authorities
- Maidan activist Ihor Lutsenko with a victim of clashes is kidnapped from hospital
- Yuriy Lutsenko: There were no talks, just consultations with Kliuyev
- EuroMaidan leaders provide public guarantee to military and police officers requesting it in return for joining the people
- Civil Society Forum urges European Commission and European Parliament to impose sanctions against Ukrainian legislators who voted for repressive laws