21 November, 2013 18:16 ▪
The Customs Union representatives talk of common future with Ukraine
“It is now important to focus on the development of our trade and economic relations between the Customs Union member-states and Ukraine; to seek ways for our economies to reinforce their positions on the global trade arena,” Slepniov says.
He also notes that the Customs Union now needs to work together with Ukraine and the EU to create a “harmoniously regulated trade space from the Atlantics to the Pacific.”
“All parties will benefit from this in the global economic decline,” he stated.
READ ALSO: The Mythical Benefits of the Customs Union
On November 21, the Cabinet of Ministers issued a decree to suspend preparation for the signing of the Association Agreement with the EU.
The signing was planned to take place at the Eastern Partnership Vilnius Summit on November 28-29.
- Expert: Customs Union between Ukraine and Russia is not economically feasible
- The New York Times: a chocolate wall has descended across the continent of Europe.
- Experts on Putin’s disastrous neighbourhood policy
- Experts: the future of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU dependents on the stance of the Ukrainian oligarchs
- Olga Shumylo-Tapiola: Putin needs a new PR agency for his relations with the neighbors
- European Socialists warn of Russia pressuring Ukraine over agreement with EU
- Russia targets Ukrainian chocolate in car trade spat
- Belarus entrepreneurs demand the country to leave the Customs Union and prepare for a strike
- Prime minister of Lithuania: at the moment it is unclear which path Ukraine has chosen
- MEP Jacek Saryusz-Wolski: Ukraine must get off the fence when it comes to its relations with Russia and the European Union