10 October, 2013 15:55 ▪
EP Committee on Foreign Affairs recommends signing the Association Agreement if Ukraine meets all EU requirements
According to the European People’s Party (EPP) press-service in Brussels, the report prepared by Jacek Saryusz-Wolski, Vice-Chairman of the EURONEST Parliamentary Assembly and MEP, focused on the eastern aspect of the European Neighbourhood Policy. It was passed on October 10 in Strasburg at the meeting of the Committee on Foreign Affairs.
READ ALSO: European Choice for Yanukovych
The report will be submitted for voting at the European Parliament at the upcoming session.
The report also recommends the European Parliament to express an intention to launch full ratification of the Ukraine-EU Association Agreement within the framework of the current conditions.
READ ALSO: Back to Europe Project
“The situation is not good but not hopeless either… The Vilnius Summit will not be the end of the process, just the beginning… The Association Agreements are not a goal themselves but a tool of a profound transformation. More importantly is what happens afterwards: and that means what happens with the implementation of the Agreements, what will happen with countries which will initial the Agreements and those who are in the second speed group: Belarus, Armenia and Azerbaijan,” Saryusz-Wolski commented on the report.
READ ALSO: Who Will Win The Game?
- EU delays sanctions against Russia until June 30
- Ukraine signs Association Agreement with EU
- Expert: EU's failure on Ukraine will have a negative impact on the European integration of Moldova and Georgia
- Štefan Füle: EU-Ukraine Association Agreement is not “dead”
- Kwasniewski: The EU is forming an economic package to compensate for Ukraine’s losses
- Edward Lucas: the EU has enough strength to respond to Russia’s pressure
- Tymoshenko accepts the proposal to get medical treatment in Germany from Cox and Kwasniewski
- Karl De Gucht: We will speed up Association Agreement’s provisional application as much as possible
- Bronislaw Komorowski: Ukraine signing EU agreement would be 'success for all’
- Adam Reichardt: Shedding the Soviet skin is a long and painful, but Ukraine should do it