5 June, 2013 15:00 ▪
Survey: Ukrainians trust the church and the media, but not Yanukovych
31.7% of those polled trust the church completely, 38.4% trust it most of the time, and 9.3% do not trust the church at all. For the mass media, the numbers are 10.3%, 48% and 12.6% respectively. 58% trust Ukrainian media and 33% trust the Russian ones. For the army, the numbers range from 8.2% to 40.4% and 18.3% respectively.
Meanwhile, the Verkhovna Rada, the President, courts, political parties, the government, the police, the Prosecutor’s Office and local authorities have a negative balance of social confidence.
Only 6.5% of those polled trust the President completely and 45% do not trust him at all. For the VR, the numbers range from 1.6% to 45.1% of those polled. As to the Cabinet of Ministers, 3% trust it completely and 44.1% do not trust it.
- Ukrainian Security Service Chief: Twenty-six Russian security officers were involved in planning of the bloodshed on Maidan
- Yanukovych is in Russia and may be granted asylum there
- Early presidential election scheduled for May 25
- Radoslaw Sikorski: There is no coup in Ukraine
- The Guardian: Obama criticizes Putin for Ukraine and Syria
- Expert: The government is very serious about preparations for 2015. It won’t accept someone flexible as head of the Central Election Committee
- Yanukovych’s charter diplomacy with the EU and the Customs Union
- Alexander Motyl: in order to stay in power, Yanukovych will try to transform Ukraine into a country consisting of two irreconcilable parts
- Werner Schulz: Viktor Yanukovych should now prove his worth by calling off his politically motivated vendetta
- Reuters: turmoil in parliament further undermines Ukraine's hope of being taken seriously by Europe