20 August, 2014 01:25 ▪
A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
The convoy is a battalion tactical group of 150 military vehicles, including tanks and GRAD multiple missile launchers, and 1,200 troops in Russian uniform with no Russian insignia, hromadske.tv journalist reports referring to her sources.
The convoy is currently on the 30 rokiv Peremohy (30 Years of Victory). It is known that the Russian vehicles entered the Ukrainian territory three days ago but did not enter Luhansk back then.
According to available information, the convoy had been based near the river of Siverskiy Dinets, then entered Mykolayivka from the town of Pionerske, and then proceeded to Luhansk.
Anti-terrorist operation commander in Luhansk Oblast, Ihor Voronchenko, later confirmed that a convoy of Russian military vehicles is in Luhansk Oblast in a telephone comment to Hromadske.
“The convoy entered the territory of Ukraine three days ago. This is 1,200 people, most likely Russian military servicemen, 150 armoured vehicles, including tanks and GRADs,” he said.
Earlier he reported that anti-terrorist operation forces had entered Luhansk and were purging the city of terrorists.
- CoE appeals for respect of Ukraine’s territorial integrity and international law
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- Bloomberg: US ready to impose tougher sanctions on Russia unilaterally
- National Defence and Security Council: A grouping of Russian military detected near Russia-Ukraine border in Luhansk Oblast
- Russian tanks and AFVs arrive in Luhansk
- UPD: 23 servicemen killed, 93 injured over the past 24 hours in Luhansk Oblast
- President Poroshenko ends truce in the Donbas
- Expert: more diversions against Ukrainian gas transit system could take place in the next few weeks