15 August, 2014 14:57 ▪
Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
According to the latest updates, the convoy is moving towards Molodohvardiysk, Luhansk Oblast.
“Reconnaissance data indicates that a convoy of APCs and URAL army trucks crossed the border through Izvaryne, a temporarily shutdown Ukrainian checkpoint, and entered the Ukrainian territory. It also confirms that the plates and insignia on the vehicles were Russian,” the report says.
According to the ATO headquarters, the convoy is not big but it is hard to count the exact number of the APCs and trucks. According to preliminary data, armed soldiers were inside the trucks.
The border department of the Russian FSB in Rostov Oblast has not confirmed information about Russian army vehicles crossing the Russian-Ukrainian border yesterday reported in a number of Western media.
On August 14, a Guardian correspondent reported that Russian military vehicles entered Ukraine as Russia’s aid convoy stopped short of the Ukrainian border.
- CoE appeals for respect of Ukraine’s territorial integrity and international law
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- Bloomberg: US ready to impose tougher sanctions on Russia unilaterally
- National Defence and Security Council: A grouping of Russian military detected near Russia-Ukraine border in Luhansk Oblast
- Russian tanks and AFVs arrive in Luhansk
- UPD: 23 servicemen killed, 93 injured over the past 24 hours in Luhansk Oblast
- President Poroshenko ends truce in the Donbas
- Expert: more diversions against Ukrainian gas transit system could take place in the next few weeks