30 June, 2014 18:58 ▪
SBU detains terrorists intending to blow up Kyiv-Kharkiv railroad
According to the report, the group was organized by the 45-year old Kharkiv-based man who followed the instructions of diversionist Igor Bezler, aka Bes.
Bezler instructed the man to blow up the train carrying artillery munitions.
All members of the group were detained when they were installing the explosives on the railroad.
RELATED ARTICLE: A Heavy Mace for Mr. Poroshenko
They had 0.5kg of explosives, including TNT, electronic detonators and batteries.
During the search of their apartments, the SBU found another 1.5kg of TNT, firearms and munitions.
The investigators have launched criminal proceedings under Article 258 (terrorist act) and 258-3 (organization of a terrorist group or terrorist organization) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
RELATED ARTICLE: Will Ukraine’s Security Service Ever Become Ukrainian?
They are currently detained and notified of being suspects in the abovementioned crimes.
On June 29, an explosion took place on the railway bridge in Kharkiv Oblast.
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- President Poroshenko ends truce in the Donbas
- Expert: more diversions against Ukrainian gas transit system could take place in the next few weeks
- National Security and Defence Council: The plan of anti-terrorist assault ready, the military await the order
- InfoResist: Terrorists shoot at the airfield and two bases of Ukrainian military in Kramatorsk
- SBU arrests terrorist “Czech” responsible for the movement of military vehicles from Russia
- Terrorists attack Ukrainian military near Sloviansk, killing several Ukrainian troops
- SBU detains Russian and German citizens involved in spying and organization of terrorist attacks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Quite a few militants in the Donbas will lay down arms in ceasefire
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists force the locals to join them because they are running out of money