20 June, 2014 14:37 ▪
New NBU Chair sells her share in the ICU group
“Hontareva has resigned from the position of Board Chair at ICU and sold her share in the group,” the note says.
After this, the company’s shareholders and managing partners are Makar Paseniuk and Kostiantyn Stetsenko, as well as the company’s managers.
RELATED ARTICLE: Breaking Away From Eurasia
Hontareva served as ICU Board Chairperson since 2007.
Under her management, the ICU grew into the biggest asset manager for public funds in Ukraine, the biggest trader in securities and the leader in investment banking.
RELATED ARTICLE: The Birth of New Political Reality
On June 19, the Parliament voted to appoint Valeria Hontareva as the Chairperson of the National Bank of Ukraine, per recommendation of President Poroshenko. 349 MPs supported her candidacy.
On June 19, the newly-appointed NBU Chair showed her income declaration whereby she received UAH 3.8mn of income in 2013, including over UAH 1mn as salary.
- Ukraine’s gross external debt falls by USD 4.7bn
- Parliament supports new NBU Chair, Prosecutor General and Foreign Minister proposed by President Poroshenko
- The Party of Regions fails to agree on a candidate for premier
- Serhiy Arbuzov will replace Azarov as Acting Premier
- Media Law Institute: The government ruins the remaining fragments of democracy and imposes a tough authoritarian regime
- Expert: by lowering the refinancing rate the NBU provides government, not economics, with cheap money
- Goldman Sachs: financial problems may push Ukraine to agree IMF loan till September