9 June, 2014 17:31 ▪
Terrorists claim to have taken OSCE observers hostage
“According to my information, the OSCE groups are in the city of Severodonetsk. This is a reflection decision since representatives of the mission who are there guarantee that no fighting will take place in the city,” Purgin said.
On May 27, the OSCE reported that it had lost connection with a group of observers working on Donetsk Oblast. According to the OSCE mission representatives, the group included four people who are the citizens of Estonia, Switzerland, Turkey and Denmark.
RELATED ARTICLE: Who's in control of the rebellion in Donetsk?
Later, Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry reported that four members of the OSCE special monitoring mission had been kidpanned by pro-Russian activists in Donetsk Oblast.
The other group disappeared on May 29. Later, the OSCE reported that they had managed to reach their observers. The latter said that they were safe. Yet, shortly after, the OSCE said it could no longer reach its observers in the Donbas.
- CoE appeals for respect of Ukraine’s territorial integrity and international law
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- Defense Ministry claims that the armed conflict will stop in the Donbas
- Terrorists attacked a military unit in Artemivsk at night
- Poroshenko will offer a peaceful solution for Ukraine during inauguration
- Anti-Terrorist Operation spokesman: Krasnyi Lyman is purged of terrorists, fighting continues near Sloviansk
- Acting President Turchynov announced partial closing of border with Russia