4 June, 2014 20:36 ▪
Acting President Turchynov announced partial closing of border with Russia
“I am convinced that this will speed up localization of terrorists,” he explained to justify the move.
As he spoke to journalists at the checkpoint in Sloviansk, Donetsk Oblast, Turchynov said that, once the border is closed, there will no longer be a possibility to transfer arms and militants to Ukraine.
RELATED ARTICLE: Who's in control of the rebellion in Donetsk?
Earlier, Head of the State Border Service Mykola Lytvyn announced intentions to reinforce the state border but did not mention the possibility of full closure thereof.
RELATED ARTICLE: Pro-Ukrainian Donbas: Intelligent, Creative, Chaotic
- CoE appeals for respect of Ukraine’s territorial integrity and international law
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- Ukraine repays USD 1bn of public debt
- Explosion at the Luhansk Oblast Administration kills seven
- Crimean self-defence kidnaps and beats editor and film director
- State Border Service: snipers shooting at Ukrainian border guards in Luhansk
- Petro Poroshenko officially announced president