4 June, 2014 20:31 ▪
Ukraine repays USD 1bn of public debt
“The total amount of the payment was USD 1,039.75mn. The mentioned expenditures to reimburse and service the public debt are envisaged in the Law On the 2014 State Budget,” the report says.
Ukraine placed the Eurobonds in August 2012 under the framework of partial refinancing of the loan from the Russian VTB bank.
RELATED ARTICLE: Resuscitating Ukraine’s Moribund Economy
The annual interest rate was 7.95%. Coupon payments were made semiannually, on December 4 and June 4.
According to the Ministry of Finance, Ukraine’s external debt was USD 27.795bn as of April 30.
- CoE appeals for respect of Ukraine’s territorial integrity and international law
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- State Border Service: snipers shooting at Ukrainian border guards in Luhansk
- Petro Poroshenko officially announced president
- Ukraine requests urgent UN Security Council meeting
- Update: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast, killing 13
- The Independent: G7 leaders prepared an 'emergency response plan' to assist Ukraine if Russia restricts gas supplies