22 February, 2014 17:12 ▪
Early presidential election scheduled for May 25
The Verkhovna Rada votes on a resolution to remove the President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych because he has illegally withdrawn himself from the execution of his Constitutional obligations and to announce a new election for May 25, 2014.
The resolution will take effect as soon as voted on. 328 MPs voted in favor.
- Radoslaw Sikorski: There is no coup in Ukraine
- The EU can’t agree on the list of candidates for sanctions
- Canada imposes sanctions against Ukraine's top officials
- Putin sends his mediator to Ukraine
- At least 8 people killed on Maidan today
- US imposes visa bans against Ukrainian top officials
- Yanukovych replaces Chief of Army
- Yatseniuk: Yanukovych threatens to put opposition leaders in jail
- German Foreign Minister: Ukraine will not accept suspicious compromises
- Yanukovych approves Arbuzov as acting premier