20 February, 2014 11:33 ▪
At least 8 people killed on Maidan today
They are men of middle age.
Samooborona, the popular self-defence squads, says these people were shot by police snipers who were shooting them in the heads.
“6 out of 7 were killed with shots in the neck,” Samooborona representatives said.
Activists report that snipers are shooting people from the Conservatory rooftop.
According to earlier reports based on information from the Health Care Ministry, at least 28 people were killed in clashes.
On February 20, active clashes of protesters against the police resumed in Kyiv in the morning. Maidan activists have pushed law enforcers away from the October Palace.
Later, it became known that over 100 interior troops surrendered to Maidan Samooborona asking for guarantees of their personal security.
- CoE appeals for respect of Ukraine’s territorial integrity and international law
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- US imposes visa bans against Ukrainian top officials
- The bloodiest day of the Maidan in Kyiv
- Yanukovych replaces Chief of Army
- SBU says it is not launching an “anti-terrorist operation”, just preparing for one
- US and EU discuss Ukraine sanctions