5 February, 2014 19:28 ▪
Yanukovych approves Arbuzov as acting premier
Yanukovych cancelled items 1,3 and 4 of paragraph 2 of the Cabinet of Ministers’ procedure regarding Cabinet governance in cases where there is no appointed premier.
Previously, on January 28, Viktor Yanukovych accepted the resignation of Mykola Azarov and the whole Cabinet and ordered them to fulfill their functions until the new Cabinet is appointed.
READ ALSO: A Debilitating Truce
Lately, opposition politicians have been talking about the President’s plans to appoint Andriy Kliuyev, currently his Chief of Staff, as Premier. In their opinion, having Serhiy Arbuzov, Andriy Kliuyev or Vice Premier Oleksandr Vilkul as premier will not change anything in the current political crisis.
- CoE appeals for respect of Ukraine’s territorial integrity and international law
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- Arseniy Yatseniuk is ready to become premier to “save the country”
- Interior Ministry puts AutoMaidan activists on the wanted list
- PACE adopts a Resolution on Ukraine
- Serhiy Arbuzov will replace Azarov as Acting Premier
- Prime Minister Azarov resigns