28 January, 2014 16:48 ▪
Serhiy Arbuzov will replace Azarov as Acting Premier
"The President has instructed the Cabinet of Ministers to continue its work until the new Cabinet comes to office. Under the Law on the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, this means that First Vice Premier will act as Premier," Lukianenko said.
READ ALSO: The Azarov/Arbuzov Government
Serhiy Arbuzov will most likely chair the next meeting of the Cabinet scheduled for January 29, he added.
Today, President Yanukovych has approved resignation of Mykola Azarov and the entire Cabinet of Ministers and instructed them to continue to fulfill their tasks until the new Cabinet of Ministers is appointed.
- CoE appeals for respect of Ukraine’s territorial integrity and international law
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- Prime Minister Azarov resigns
- The United States strongly condemns the increasing violence on the streets of Kyiv
- José Manuel Barroso deplores force and violence against protesters and talks about possible sanctions against Ukrainian officials after news of protesters killed in clashes
- Civil Society Forum urges European Commission and European Parliament to impose sanctions against Ukrainian legislators who voted for repressive laws
- Media Law Institute: The government ruins the remaining fragments of democracy and imposes a tough authoritarian regime